Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Wind, and the refuge of the Earth...

“When we touch the Earth, we take refuge in it. We receive its solid and inclusive energy. The Earth embraces us and helps us transform our ignorance, suffering, and despair. Wherever we are, we can bow down to receive its energy of stability and fearlessness.” ~ Thich Nhat Hanh

I have been mulling over what to write about, I guess 'writer's block'.  What came today was this idea that sometimes I can get wrapped up in the Wind.  The Wind of the news, work, my thoughts, Liam's appointments, worry, etc.  I never knew how much the wind bothered me until I was running one evening and I felt so beaten, I couldn't place why this feeling of defeat permeated my whole being.  I had been running in the wind!  The wind seemed to suck the essence out of me, but why?  What I realized is that I braced myself against the wind, I would push back into the wind...umm, the wind wins!  I did some PSYCH-K balances, and now I allow for the wind to rush around me, I don't have to fight it anymore.  Today, I actually welcome the wind, there is a healing in the power of the wind, it blows stagnant air out, it spreads seeds, it helps birds migrate, electricity generated, there is a creative energy in the wind. 
Back to the Wind, if I am left to this whirl of information, appointments, thoughts, I again start to feel beaten up.  When I remember to take a moment and connect to the Earth I am reminded that even this Wind can be used for creativity.  There are people finding their voices, making signs, investigating what is of value to them, reaching out to their communities, defending their beliefs, all in this powerful Wind.  Even though I welcome the wind, I don't always feel comfortable, my hair gets whipped, my clothes get tugged, dirt gets in my eyes, so please don't get me wrong, I am not always comfortable in the creative energy of the wind.  To help soothe I connect with the Earth, I can soak in inclusion, stability, hope, and fearlessness.  The Earth is a lot older than I am and has many stories yet to share, as I lean into my parents' strength and experience I can lean into the Earth and the expansive, creative energy she holds.  I am grateful for the warm embrace that is ever present and just waiting to be experienced every time I leave my front door and touch the Earth!  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment