Saturday, February 11, 2017

Family!

There is no way I could forget family!!  Part of having this extraordinary life is that we are blessed from every direction friends AND family!  I feel lucky that I have family members I can call friends, I know that some people aren't able to do that.  Liam has been blessed with 3 cousins, 3 uncles, 2 aunts,  8 great-aunts, 7 great-uncles, 4 grandparents, 3 great-grandparents, plus all the cousins somehow 'removed'.  That is a lot of love for our little guy!
When we were gearing up for Liam's heart surgery, we knew that we might be in over our heads financially, even with insurance.  We reached out to our family and the circle of family grew exponentially, there were family members contacting us who we never met before or if we had, we were too little to remember.  There has been a sense of deepening with our family circle and Liam's surgery was taken care of.
We have been able to rest in family member's homes while they loved on Liam, family has set us up for lengthy visits, fed us, sent Liam gifts and cards, and most of all they have been the rock we can rest on when we are weary.  I imagine some of our family member's not realizing that just by sending texts, notes, or calling have eased our hearts.
Of course the absence of my mom is still so sharply felt I have a hard time thinking of family and not thinking about her.  I think that is why I was didn't share first about family, I needed a warm up.  I needed a moment to recognize all the wonderful blessings we are grateful for.  Now I can share that same gratitude about family.  There are so many people who are still breathing, able to hug, able to call, and I thank each of you for who you are!!!
Today Liam and I got to spend some time with my Dad.  What a wonderful way to celebrate life, we shared a meal, walked, shared stories, and introduced Liam to the world.  We got to listen to music, check out kaleidoscopes, meet new people, and spend time with a very special friend.
I imagine these memories will fade like the sunset, I also believe that these memories are in our cells, and become part of our souls.  Maybe that is another reason I needed to write about friends first, family is in every fiber of my being and so I can't imagine a life without the family we have.  Well, now you know, as the reader, part of my soul make up, family and friends are musts!   

No comments:

Post a Comment